Feminism? No thanks, I'll stand by my men
So, there's this nasty trend that is going on that just has my panties in a bunch, so to speak. It seems that everywhere I turn there is another famous lady coming out as a die hard feminist. Now I have no issue women wanting to be treated fairly, but the feminist movement is much more than that and I'm tired of being told that I'm either obviously not a woman at all or obviously a self-hater because I refuse to tow the feminist line.
Feminism is advertised to the masses as being all about equality: Equal pay, equal rights, etc. That I have no problem with, but when you look closer at their history and the women who often lead these groups there are some truly disturbing things to be found. Many of them take the philosophy to extreme of hating men. They want to rule over men, make them weak, hurt them and in some extreme cases basically outlaw them all together.
I have a husband that I love dearly he's always treated me as an equal partner in our relationship. Over the years we have taken turns being the parent at home and being the working parent, we've made decisions about the budget together, raised 4 awesome kids together and generally just never had the need to be the one in charge of the other.
Three of our kids are boys and I look at the world that they are preparing to venture out into as adults (the oldest is 18) and I am terrified for them. What is this MADDNESS? Thanks to the Feminist movements, did you know that in many parts of the world a guy can be locked up because a girl he never saw before said that he raped her? Someone told me that and I didn't really believe them, so I did some research. In California for example, it is actually legal for a guy to be accused of rape and put on the sex offenders list with no proof except the girl's say so. I read a case file recently- aside from names being redacted this stuff is usually public record, folks, so don't take my word for it, look it up- where the only evidence that was presented against this guy was that the girl pointed him out to police from across the room. There was no DNA, no witnesses, no rape kit from the emergency room- nothing. And when the guy's attorney asked about additional evidence, it was insisted that to press the girl for more evidence would be like raping her all over again, so since this guy had no alibi, he was automatically declared guilty. In another case, a girl and guy are dating. They have sex a couple of times and the guy secretly tapes it, intending to use them to help keep himself from cheating while he is out of town for a few weeks. He comes back and finds that the while he was gone, the girl had second thoughts about their relationship and decided to turn him in for raping her. Well fortunately for him the date that she gives police happens to be one of the sessions that he taped, so to exonerate himself he produces the tape of the encounter which shows that not only was she not raped, but she was initiating everything. Case closed, right? Wrong. Now he is being sued for taping her with out permission with intent to sell as porn despite the fact that until this came up he hadn't shown the tape to another soul and had not kept a copy for himself after turning it over as evidence in his defense. Plus there is now a movement to get taking videos of sex acts labeled as rape so that they can get him on that count too.
In addition, to that nonsense, there are movements now to get all sorts of innocent stuff labeled as rape. There are some Feminists who claim that a man can rape a girl by simply disagreeing with her publicly. It sounds ridiculous, and everytime I hear one of these ideas my first thought is "That's got to be fake!" but with very few exceptions my research always supports it. You know how everyone's all mad about how women are kept subservient and/or generally demeaned in Islamic countries? Many feminist groups are working to turn our country into a place where that is pretty much how they treat men. If I don't want that for my daughter, why the hell would I want that for my son? There is a fantastic article from... I think it was Rolling Stone Magazine... done by a lesbian feminist who wanted to expose the "privilege" enjoyed by men in our society. So, to prove her point, she decided to disguise herself as a man and live as a man for 1 year.... By the end of the year, she was so traumatized by her experiences that she had to be institutionalized for a mental breakdown. When she was finally moved to out-patient treatment, she wrote a very different article than the one she had originally intended because what she found was that "white male privilege" is at best a myth, which (if it was ever true at all) is the opposite of truth these days.
My point in all this is simple. Feminists say that they want equality, but what they are accomplishing is anything but. I'm all about Fairness and equal treatment, but I can't support feminism anymore than I can support male chauvinism. Both of those -isms are about domination and power over the opposite gender and I would rather stand by my man's side than over or under him.
No comments:
Post a Comment